Epicentre West Los Angeles
Community Life Pastor
Epicentre West Los Angeles is a 3-4 year old church plant in West Los Angeles. We're looking for someone that is team-oriented, relational, values-driven, gets things done, and thrives on building an organization and invested in personal development.
The Community Life Pastor supports the vision and mission of our Lead Pastor by providing pastoral leadership to small groups and small group coaches, care for church members, volunteer management, discipleship, and organizational management and/or development.
The best fit for this role is someone who loves being part of a start-up culture, can navigate ambiguity, and is excited to build teams and organizations. They have a strong work ethic and are highly motivated to see change take place. They have an understanding of strategy and organizational systems, has a sense of humor, loves Jesus and the Church, and is motivated to get things done.
- Passionate lover of Jesus.
- Will need to attend Epicentre training school or equivalent at some point
- Resonate with “Epicentre Confessions” at the end of this document.
- 1-5 Years of Ministry Experience Preferred
- Compensation ranges from $48,000 - $67,000 depending on experience (Will need to support-raise 25-50%).
Hours: All Full-Time positions are based on a 50-hour work week.
- Strengthened staff-led and leadership culture for the church.
- People feel excited and connected to Church’s vision and community.
- Lead Pastor is released to invest more in leadership training and development.
- Church growth.
- Staff team feels supported, resourced, and connected.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Pastoral Leadership & Care
- Lead a small group
- Coaching and mentorship for small group leader and small group coaches
- Opportunities for speaking and teaching in various contexts.
- Meet with individuals for discipleship
- Provide church members with pastoral care and/or counseling
- Discern and create spaces for development of community Life outside of Sundays and small groups
- Learn and implement church systems: volunteer, giving, worship services, evangelism, and strategy.
- Works alongside Lead Pastor for strategic planning and implementation
- Supports Lead Pastor in developing staff team
- Works with Church Administrator for logistical support and needs
Staff Team Member
- ·Learn church culture and vision and grow in loving Jesus, serving the larger vision, and committing to relate in healthy ways to staff team.
- Act as additional staff support over and above specific staff role as needed.